Skin Problems? It Could Be from Your Digestive System
Research has shown that there is a connection between our digestive health and our skin health. So if you are having problems with your skin it could be due to an unhealthy "gut". This is caused by the disruption of the microbiome, which are the microorganisms that are present in our digestive systems and help us to stay healthy. So how can you keep your gut healthy so your skin will reap the benefits?
Here are 7 things you can eat and drink that will help you.
- Bone broth - beneficial collagen helps heal your skin & gut
- Fermented vegetables - sauerkraut & kimchi provide great beneficial probiotics
- Swedish bitters - this tonic helps to balance stomach acid production and heal chronic infections
- Fermented cod liver oil - a great source of Vitamin A & D
- Coconut oil - contains natural anti-microbial benefits
- Liver - great whole food source for skin nutrients like Zinc, Pantothenic Acid, or Vitamin B5
- Kefir - rich in probiotic Lactobacillus acidophilus, shown to improve complexion in 3 months
By eating well and keeping your digestive systems working properly you will see the difference it can make in how your skin looks. Read more blog posts for additional tips for healthy skin.